19 Jun 2015

Consideration in Ramadan


Assalamu Alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh


One of the virtues of this month is learning to be better muslims in every sense, decrease our sins, increase our good deeds. Some muslims, even if it's only for a month apply this quite well, they completely change their behaviour and habits and some of them, keep it after Ramadan, subhana Allah! But there is something that never changes in any Ramadan, people sharing their food, sharing everything they do with their families, even if it's to praise them, where is the consideration for your fellow brothers and sisters? 

First of all, think about the time zones, while you are able to eat, others must be in the middle of their fast, don't make it harder for them that it already is!
Second thing, not all muslims in the world have a family to be with, not all of us have the blessings that most of you see normal and are taking for granted, not all of us can have a proper Iftar or a proper Suhoor, why do you think about us too?

I'm a revert muslim, I'm alone in my family and they don't allow me to believe in what I believe, not to say they allow me to fast, I can't but I try everyday. When I fast and Iftar time comes, all I have is a normal dinner as any other day at home, this dinner I can't eat it all, why? because I need to eat something at Suhoor too, what do I do? After all day fasting, I eat half of my dinner and save the other half so I have something "heavy" to eat at Suhoor.. this is how my Ramadan goes and this are the days there is something to cook, not always is like this, sometimes dinner is just a sandwich so what's left for the next morning?

This is not for lack of money or food, but because as a revert I have to hide what I am doing. So when I see all of you, either complaining for the food, overeating and complaining after that (which is not right, Ramadan is not a food festival, you HAVE TO feel the hunger and thirst to do it properly, you just need to eat to recover the energy not to simply fill your stomach as much as you can because "I won't be able to eat tomorrow", that's the point !! You have to feel your empty stomach! Eat things that benefit you not just fill yourself. This post might interest you.) this breaks me down, I have nothing, no family to support me, or anything else, and you got it all and not only spread it like if it was nothing but also complain? TAKE US INTO CONSIDERATION. 
You are blessed, Alhamdulillah, but no need to show it all, Muslims must have empathy.
The Prophet told us to not boast, not not have pride, apply this, why do you forget it during this time?

Ramadan is not always as amazing as it is for most families, most of us are alone, most of us have a hard time here, this causes us to be sad and down, this is not like a Ummah should be.





Aishah Aish

No comments:

Post a Comment